High Peaks Resort Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Best Price Guarantee is our promise to guests who book directly on our branded websites. We have made additional adjustments to the Guarantee and to the Terms and Conditions to further define what claims will qualify and to further help identify and support valid claims
Best Price Guarantee: We guarantee that every hotel reservation booked through the High Peaks Resort website will have the lowest room price (room rate) or total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet. If you find a lower room price (room rate) and total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the Internet within 24 hours of booking, High Peaks Resort will provide your first night’s room price free and match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the rest of the nights of that stay, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Book. Complete a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) at High Peaks Resort . ” A “valid room booking” means a complete booking with an approved credit card.
2. Lower Price. If you find a lower room price that also has a lower total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, or a lower average nightly room price that also has a lower average total room cost (including all taxes and fees) for a multi-night stay, on a website other than High Peaks Resort within 24 hours after booking on the High Peaks Resort website for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night’s room price at the High Peaks Resort free and match the lower average nightly room price found for your entire stay for the rest of the nights of your stay after verification of the lower average nightly room price and lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees). Only one free night will be awarded per stay, even if more than one instance of a lower price is located. For valid claims, each additional night’s room price during the stay will be lowered to match the average nightly room price for the entire stay found on the non-High Peaks Resort website. In the event that a free night reimbursement must be made by check, the check will be addressed and sent to the name and address listed on the reservation that was made on the High Peaks Resort website upon which the valid claim was based.
3. Reporting to High Peaks Resort of a Claim. You must contact us using the downloadable claim form within twenty-four (24) hours after completing your valid room booking on the High Peaks Resort web site to make a claim under the Best Price Guarantee. When completed fax or e-mail the form to: 518.523.1120 or e-mail at email@example.com . The average nightly lower room price and lower total room cost must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and both must be lower than those found on the High Peaks Resort website, as determined by High Peaks Resort customer service representatives, and in High Peaks Resort’s sole discretion.
4. Matching Rooms. The Guarantee is available only for the exact same room type and same view. For example, if you book a king bed room type with a waterfront view on High Peaks Resort website, and are comparing it to a non-High Peaks Resort website, you must find a price with the same king bed room type and with a the same view on the non-High Peaks Resort website.
5. Matching Terms. All terms of the comparison room reservation, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit, number of guests, or other requirements must be equal in all respects to the terms found on the High Peaks Resort website for your claim to be valid. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty the High Peaks Resort website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-High Peaks Resort website. At High Peaks Resort pre-paid rates on non-High Peaks Resort sites will be compared with High Peaks Resort lowest available rate on the High Peaks Resort website. The Guarantee is not available for bookings on the website where the booking details are unknown until after purchase. Sites that do not reveal the hotel brand name until after the payment has been completed (including bidding sites) do not qualify for this Guarantee.
6. a. Matching Prices. For multi-night stays, the Guarantee compares the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost for your valid room booking with those found on a non-High Peaks Resort website.
b. Matching Prices - Currency Requirements. The currency of the hotel controls the comparison with the room price and the total room cost on the non-High Peaks Resort website, and the room price and the total room cost on the non-High Peaks Resort website must be available, viewable, quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel.
c. Matching Prices - Price Variance. The nightly room price and the nightly total room cost (for one night stays) or the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost (for multi-night stays) must each be lower than the High Peaks Resort room price and the High Peaks Resort total room cost, respectively, by at least 1% or $1 USD (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency) (whichever is higher). Coupons or vouchers may not be utilized to lower published room prices for the purposes of making a claim. The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges.
7. Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public. The Best Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a non-High Peaks Resort website at the time of verification. The Guarantee does not apply to prices offered on membership program websites; corporate discounts; negotiated prices; group, rewards program, loyalty program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The Guarantee also does not apply if the average nightly lower price is obtained from a website where you call to get the price, or from an e-mail that you received.
8. Packages Comparison. The Guarantee applies to comparing exactly the same packages or inclusive prices with the same included items. Thus, room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages, and must be entirely equivalent to be eligible for the Guarantee.
9. Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by High Peaks Resort for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the High Peaks Resort the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of High Peaks Resort are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
10. Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by High Peaks Resort. High Peaks Resort must be able to verify all elements of the claim and the required terms found on the non- High Peaks Resort website at the time the claim is processed and verify that both the room price and the total room cost at the time of verification are lower than those found on the High Peaks Resort website. High Peaks Resort does not accept screen shots of imagery of lower prices provided by guests due to the ease of modification or alteration of such imagery.
11. Changes to these Terms and the Guarantee. High Peaks Resort reserves the right to modify, restrict availability, or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee and to make changes to these Terms and Conditions, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The High Peaks Resort Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.
12. Abuse of Best Price Guarantee. At any time up to the date of stay, High Peaks Resort reserves the right to revoke any and all benefits of a Guarantee (including the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation if it is found that a customer has attempted to or has violated or circumvented the Best Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions. Resale of rooms eligible for the Guarantee is strictly prohibited. In the event High Peaks Resort believes that a room eligible for the Guarantee has been resold, or the Guarantee is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, High Peaks Resort reserves the right to reject future Best Price Guarantee claims from any persons who participated in such actions.
13. Definitions. A “non-High Peaks Resort Website” is defined as a website not owned by High Peaks Resort, that makes High Peaks Resort rooms inventory publicly available and offers it directly to consumers, and that provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the moment of completion of that reservation. A “stay” (for purposes of the Guarantee) may be one night; consecutive nights at the same hotel location, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out; or two or more nights, even if non-consecutive, in the same seven (7) day period at the same hotel location. Guests are only able to claim one (1) free night per stay at High Peaks Resort.
14. Disputes. Any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions or the offer of the Best Price Guarantee shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., exclusively by an appropriate federal or state court located in the State of New York, U.S.A.