Seeking a creative, highly motivated, experienced self-starter to fulfill the role of remote hotel salesperson, responsible for selling corporate accounts for its multi-faceted brand. Qualified candidates will have well-established contacts and strong relationships with meetings and events planners and clients in the Albany market as well as the areas south of Albany to the NYC metropolitan area. Proven performance in selling retreats, meetings and incentive trips to the Adirondack market is a must. Experience in other areas of the country and with travel agents and incentive houses is a plus. The position will be located in the Albany area with the expectation of 1-2 visits to Lake Placid per month.
Education: College degree preferred.
Experience: 3 or more years in a senior sales role for a **** Hotel or Conference Center.
Compensation: Competitive Salary & Great Benefits
Food and Beverage
The Executive Chef is responsible for all food preparation, production and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities to meet high standards of quality.
You will hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and employees, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to customers. Organize and conduct meetings.
Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Develop innovative menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary considerations and expectations. Confer with Director of Food and Beverage regarding new selections and changes.
Audit food storeroom items and storage to maintain quality products to ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
Education: Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum of 3 years of Culinary schooling.
Experience: Must have prior experience as an Executive Chef with knowledge of most international and domestic dishes.
Licenses or certificates:Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
Food and Beverage Operations Manager
The food and beverage operations manager will supervises daily Food and Beverage (F&B) shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies in both banquet and outlet operation, standards, and procedures. Manages day-to-day operations verifying that the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work..
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Verifies that all team members/supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
• Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
• Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
Dancing Bears Servers, Host/Hostess, Room Service Server
We are seeking top notch staff for our superior resort-hotel restaurant. We have immediate openings for Servers and Bartenders at our world famous restaurant and outdoor deck overlooking the High Peaks and Mirror Lake in downtown Lake Placid. We pride ourselves on world class service, and exceeding every guest's expectations. If you have a similar orientation please consider joining our team.
Seeking year round and seasonal dishwashers for High Peaks Resort's Dancing Bears restaurant. Candidates must be hard working, reliable and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment as part of a team. We work hard and enjoy what we do - if that sounds like how you operate come check us out.
Cleanliness is one of the most important features a hotel can offer its guests. We are seeking exceptional housekeeping candidates for the position of room attendant who will clean guest rooms, bathrooms, and lobby areas. Responsibilities include changing linens and towels, restocking amenities and other items, cleaning and disinfecting all guestroom and bathroom surfaces, dusting and polishing all furniture, removing trash, vacuuming, and cleaning floors, and ensuring that each room is spotless before each guest arrives. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, cleaning experience, and a desire for perfection. Conscientiousness is important as you will leave your mark on each room that you clean. Friendliness and a positive attitude are important also because you will be ambassadors of the hotel.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person.