Dancing Bears is your go-to Lake Placid restaurant for a great time. Mixed-to-perfection drinks and delicious draft beers? Check. Tasty food? Check. A warm, welcoming Adirondack atmosphere? Check!
We offer classic American pub food with a unique, modern twist. Perch at our high top tables, hang out at the bar, or lounge by the fireplace as you watch the game, sip your drink, and enjoy great food and company. Dancing Bears is the perfect Lake Placid restaurant for a big get-together: we can host groups of up to 20 or 30. Enjoy our convenient Main Street location with great views of Mirror Lake.
Remember, we don't take reservations, so be sure to come early for an unforgettable Lake Placid restaurant experience. We're open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and we look forward to seeing you!
Coming this September
September is National Apple Month and we're celebrating at Dancing Bears Restaurant and The Deck at High Peaks Resort with a fantastic apple menu featuring recipes by the wonderful Jamielynn Brydalski and offerings from the incredible producers of the Adirondacks.
- Hot Apple Mash
- 3 ounces Hot Water
- ½ teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 1½ ounce of spiced rum
Combine all ingredients and serve hot.
- ½ ounce Orange Liqueur
- 1½ ounce White Tequila
- 2 ounces Limes Juice, fresh
- Add ice to a rocks glass.
- In a shaker, combine apple mash, oz orange liquor, white tequila and fresh lime juice.
- Shake all ingredients together and pour into your rocks glass over ice.
1½ oz Gristmill Distillers Black Fly Bourbon*
1 Orange, but into slices
* Feel free to use your favorite bourbon or whiskey.
1. Muddle your orange in a rocks glass.
2. Add Apple Mash
3. Layer with ice
4. Add your bourbon or whiskey,
5. Add dash of bitters and a dash of sweet vermouth.