Experience The Unlimited Things To Do in Lake Placid
No matter what season you visit Lake Placid you will always find more things to do than your vacation time allows. During your stay with us, your options for things to do range from sports and recreation to museums and the historical sites of upstate New York. Look through our suggestions below and see what peaks your interest. When you're ready, we'll help you, your family and your friends find your perfect and memorable High Peaks experience.
Year Round Outdoor Activities
- Year round guided adventures - Expert guides can show you the best places to enjoy your own High Peaks experiences.
- Fly Fishing - Experience some of the best trout fishing in Upstate New York with experienced licensed guides.
- Birding - Expert naturalists are available to make your High Peaks birding adventure one to remember.
- Boat tours - Tucked into the mountains, surrounded by spectacular Adirondack scenery, you'll find a number of lakes spacious enough to accommodate large motorboats.
- Horseback riding - The Equine Center is an Adirondack family horseback riding adventure for all ages.
- Adirondack Scenic Flights - You’ve never experienced the Adirondacks like this.
- High Falls Gorge - In the shadow of Whiteface Mountain, you can take a nature walk to view the Ausable River as it spill over ancient granite cliffs.
- Alpine skiing or snowboarding - Ski and ride the highest vertical drop in the East at Whiteface Mountain . A free shuttle picks you up at our door and delivers you slope side in just minutes.
- Dog sled rides on Mirror Lake - Just steps from the hotel, the perfect activity for you and your family to enjoy.
- Cross country skiing or snowshoeing - Expertly groomed trails through pristine forests make for a relaxing and exhilarating day.
- Ice skating - Take a few turns on the Olympic speed skating oval.
- Swimming or scenic kayaking and paddleboats on Mirror Lake
- Five distinct golf courses
- Countless hiking trails
- Mountain biking
- Fishing and rock climbing
- Toboggan Chute - 30' high converted ski jump trestle sends toboggans down ice covered chutes onto frozen Mirror Lake
- Sleigh Rides - An experience you'll never forget!
Entertainment, Museums, History
- Olympic Venues - Tour the places where Olympic history was made and get in a little of your own Olympic experience there.
- Olympic Sites Passport - Rarely does one ticket give you access to so many fun things to do. Pick up yours at the front desk today for just $29 (saving $3 off ORDA’s regular price).
- Olympic Museum
- Movies - The historic Palace Theater in Lake Placid is one of the great treasures of upstate New York.
- Lake Placid Center for the Arts - This year-round performing and visual arts facility located in the Adirondack Park of upstate New York consistently presents arts of the highest caliber in music, dance and theatre performances, film exhibitions and visual arts presentations.
- Wild Center - The center’s mission is to ignite an enduring passion for the Adirondacks where people and nature can thrive together and set an example for the world.Plus take a virtual tour the the center and it's many exhibits- Wild Walk
- John Brown’s Farm - High in upstate New York State's Adirondack Mountains is the home and grave of abolitionist John Brown.
- Adirondack Museum - Hear the stories of the people - past and present - who have lived, worked and played in the region.
- Local concerts, theater and festivals
These are just a few of the many things to do here in Lake Placid. Please contact us at 518-523-4411 for other attractions and experiences. Provide us with details of your interests and the things you’d like to do, and our staff will respond as soon as possible with suggestions on how we can make your unique Lake Placid experience a reality.
*Photo courtesy Dave Schmidt/ORDA©