High Peaks Resort invites you to enjoy one of the most festive fall foliage seasons of your life in Lake Placid this autumn. Check in to one of our three unique hotel experiences, from the family-friendly High Peaks Resort, to the upscale Waterfront Collection, or the hip-yet-casual Lake House, and consider your new downtown Lake Placid location as basecamp for fall foliage viewing and festival going enjoyment.
Explore the Adirondacks from High Peaks Resort, offering on-site dining, and seasonal cocktails at three bars and one restaurant, then head out into the crisp, autumn air to experience one of Lake Placid's unique fall festivals, including:
- 6th Annual Lake Placid Brewfest kicks off for one-day only on September 23 at the Olympic Center just a short walk from the High Peaks Resort's front door. Sample beers brewed across the United States, from Adirondack Brewing Co. to Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. Admission includes four hours of sampling, a souvenir glass and live entertainment.
- Whiteface Mountain Oktoberfest will take place September 30 & October 1 at Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington. Celebrate mountain culture and all things Bavarian with two days of bratwurst, beer, scenic gondola rides to the summit of Little Whiteface, and family-friendly activities and entertainment. Purchase tickets online to get a free beer stein.
- Flaming Leaves Festival October 7 & 8 at the Olympic Jumping Complex in Lake Placid offers the best of season. Enjoy two days of family-friendly festivities, including the annual ski jumping competition featuring North America's top jumpers. Live Blues music, a hearty barbecue menu and a beer tent, as well as wine and cheese pairings are on offer as well. Tickets will be available at the gate.
Head to the Dancing Bears Restaurant for a hearty breakfast before walking to the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau to participate in a little Volkssporting – which is a noncompetitive, participate at your own pace, fitness program that encompasses walks, hikes, biking and swimming. And if you're in town for Thanksgiving, don't forget to make your reservations for our famous Thanksgiving Buffet!
- Empire State Capital Volkssporters Walk October 1 is a chance to explore the historic village of Lake Placid. Join fellow Volkssporters at the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau at 10 am to enjoy a 10k scenic walk around Lake Placid's streets, paths, and historic locations.
- Wrap up the fall season in Lake Placid at Skate America November 24-26 when U.S. Figure Skating competitors descend upon the 1980 Herbs Brooks Arena. Enjoy watching skaters from around the world compete in ladies, men's, pairs, and ice dance. Olympic, World, and National champions will compete.
Book your fall getaway today at one of High Peaks Resort's unique Lake Placid hotel experiences.