As far as rustic Adirondack wedding venues go, it doesn't get more charming than our intimate setting in Lake Placid. For a truly unique wedding experience, why not rent the entire 44-room property at Lake House?! Give your guests and yourselves an exclusive "house party" feel and enjoy access to your own personal common space – the Great Room – complete with board games, a fireplace, and The Lake House Bar for inside entertaining.
The biggest things you need to know about having your wedding at the Lake House are:
- The Lake House has 44 guest rooms and a Great Room with awe-inspiring views of Mirror Lake and the surrounding mountains.
- A Lake House wedding can comfortably accommodate between 50 and 100 guests.
- The Lake House is pet-friendly so your beloved pooch can be part of the ceremony too!
- We offer on-site catering options, which can be personalized to your preferences.
- The Lake House's sister property, High Peaks Resort, is located right across the street and offers several dining options and more rooms for additional guests.
- When you book a wedding with High Peaks Resort and The Lake House, you get an expert wedding coordinator to assist you with deciding on unique Adirondack wedding ideas and to help nail down all of the details for your special day.
When you rent the entire property, your guests get exclusive access to our expansive lawn overlooking Mirror Lake with a bonfire and lawn games. It's the perfect place for a barbecue-style rehearsal dinner or a casual reception.
Sample Lake House Wedding Itinerary
- Rehearsal Dinner + Welcome Party – Your guests arrive at the Lake House, after traveling from near and far, to celebrate your big day. Once everyone checks in and grabs a drink from the Lake House Bar, they'll head outside for a barbecue-style rehearsal dinner on the lawn. The casual setting is perfect for catching up and laughing into the night. And the Lake House's location near downtown Lake Placid means the party can continue for as long as you want!
- The Big Day – While you and your bridesmaids or groomsmen get ready, your wedding guests will be enjoying a day playing on the water with our recreational equipment, or exploring Lake Placid's Main Street. Later in the day, everyone will head to the ceremony – dreamy location in the Great Room, on the shores of Mirror Lake, or TBD by you – followed by dinner and dancing. Our lawn provides ample space for a tent rental, and a border of privacy hedges keeps the reception, well, private. And then, when the last toast is made and the last song is played, all your guests have to do is walk to their hotel rooms in the Lake House.
- Ever After – You and your loved ones can enjoy one more day in paradise, lazing around the pool, hiking in the mountains, or recovering with mimosas!
The Lake House is a unique Adirondack wedding venue perfect for couples ready to begin the next chapter of their love story. Contact our wedding specialists today to start planning your dream Adirondack wedding.