Plan a Winter Wedding in Lake Placid
By this point, you've probably heard everyone and their mom's opinion on what you should do for your wedding. But here's the thing: it's your wedding. Yours. And you get to do exactly what you want to do, exactly when, and where you choose.
If your dream is to have a winter wedding in Lake Placid as the snow falls softly around you, then High Peaks Resort's wedding team is here to make your dream come true! From the stunning views surrounding our resort, to the cozy warmth of celebrating in a room decorated to your exact specifications – a winter wedding in the Adirondack Mountains is the stuff of dreams!
Winter Wedding at Lake House
Plan your wedding at Lake House and have the option to rent out the entire property for you and your guests. The property offers an Adirondack retreat that is truly unique for up to 100 guests. The mid-century modern architecture and design, coupled with breathtaking views of frozen Mirror Lake and the mountains, makes this venue ideal for intimate weddings. For a full property buyout, you get 44 guest rooms, your own private great hall that can serve as both ceremony and reception venue, your own private Lake House Bar, and access to our full catering menu and staff.
"I Do" at High Peaks Resort
At High Peaks Resort, you can create a Lake Placid winter wedding that will go down in history as one of the most decadent and magical nights of not just yours, but every one of your guests' lives. High Peaks Resort offers a greater variety than any other resort in town when it comes to venues for your rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. From 16 guests for an intimate dinner, to a ballroom that can accommodate up to 300 guests, High Peaks offers winter wedding options that meet your needs.
In addition, our team is happy to make recommendations for local photographers, florists, and musicians, and your wedding package comes with an on-site coordinator to ensure your big day is perfect. As far as photography goes – you will have ample choices for stunning backdrops. From first look photos as the sunset bathes the Adirondack Mountains around downtown Lake Placid in alpenglow, to booking a horse-drawn sleigh ride for fairytale photos.
Discover the unique and myriad options for winter weddings at High Peaks Resort.
Bonus: Fun Winter Wedding Ideas Everyone Will Love
- Have a hot chocolate or coffee bar with all the toppings so guests can create their own delicious beverage.
- If you're set on having an outdoor ceremony in the snow, offer blankets for your wedding guests to use to keep warm.
- Cozy up next to a fire with your new spouse for a comfy and unique photoshoot.
- Consider using velvet shawls or jackets for your wedding party so they can bundle up during outdoor pictures in the snow.
- Choose mulled wine or cider as your signature cocktail, or even hot toddies, so guests can feel toasty while getting toasted.
- Have a dinner menu full of comfort food to warm the soul.
- If your wedding is planned around the holidays, incorporate hints of seasonal décor throughout your ceremony and reception.
- End the night with a little friendly competition and hold a snowball fight outside.
- Give out hats or gloves in your wedding colors as your wedding favor so guests can feel the warmth of your day long after it's over.