Light, fluffy, melt in your mouth pancakes, topped with fruit, or nuts, or chocolate chips, or melted butter, or powdered sugar, or maple syrup... or you can take out the "or" altogether. Why choose? Have it all! Or, even better, reserve a Bed & Breakfast package at High Peaks Resort or Lake House and let the culinary team at Dancing Bears Restaurant take care of everything!
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Low-Fat Buttermilk
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 large Egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Combine all dry ingredients and sift into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Add this wet mixture to the dry, sifted mixture.
- Mix with a whisk, until batter comes together. Be careful not to over-incorporate; there should still be some lumps.
- Preheat pan to 400°.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray or fat of your choice.
- Ladle 3 ounces of batter onto the skillet and add any fillings.
- Cook until the top of the pancake begins to form bubbles; approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar, Adirondack maple syrup and whatever toppings you prefer.