Notice of Accessibility
Learn More About Our Notice of Accessibility Statement
Our hotel is committed to making our facilities, amenities and services accessible to guests with disabilities. Below is a description of many of the accessible features of the hotel in its public and guest room spaces.
Accessible Public Spaces
- The High Peaks Resort offers 7 parking spaces designated as accessible. Of these 7 parking spaces, 2 are are van accessible. Each of the accessible parking spaces either has its own or shares an access aisle with an adjacent accessible parking spaces. The accessible parking spaces are located near the Resort’s accessible entrances.
- The Lake House has 2 parking spaces designated as accessible.
- We have installed curb ramps on the accessible paths from the parking to our main entrance.
- The Resort’s lobby is conveniently located on the entry level. Our registration desk has a lowered section, and our lobby has many accessible seating options.
- Accessible restrooms are located near the main lobby.
- The Resort maintains an accessible path of travel to all amenities, including a ramp to the fitness center and to the Deck and Dancing Bears Restaurant.
- Accessible restrooms are available near the Deck and Dancing Bears Restaurant.
- Elevator with braille markings
Accessible Guest Room Spaces
- High Peak Resorts offers seven accessible guestrooms. Our accessible guest room configuration is as follows:
- 2 rooms with a king bed and roll-in shower
- 5 rooms with two queen beds and roll-in shower
- Each of our accessible guestrooms offers:
- Lowered peep holes
- Doorways that are 32 inches wide
- Lowered or adjustable rods in the closet
- Lowered towel racks
- Light switches, thermostat controls, and outlets within required reach ranges
- Visual door alerts and enhanced auditory door alerts for guests with hearing impairments
- Grab bars located in the shower/tub and at the water closet
- Lowered bathroom vanities that offer needed clearance under the sink
- Lowered mirrors in the bathroom
- Insulated pipes and valves under the sink to protect guests from burns and sharp edges.
- Levered door handles
- Shower chairs
- Controls that are operable with one hand and do not require tight grasping or pinching or turning of the wrist to operate
- TYY available upon request.
High Peaks Resort is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. High Peaks Resort Website contains WCAG 2.0 level AA conforming functionality. Conforming functionality means that efforts were taking during the development of the website to follow WCAG standards.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
High Peaks Resort Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers on JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver screen reader technologies
Accessibility of High Peaks Resort Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of High Peaks Resort Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Feedback & Contact
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of High Peaks Resort Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers. Additionally, if you need any assistance or have any questions about the accessibility features of the hotel or require help reserving an ADA accessible, please reach out to us with the contact information below.
Hotel address: 2384 Saranac Avenue, Lake Placid, NY 12946