Distance learning for school-age children has opened up the possibility for families to work and learn from anywhere. This winter, why not relocate for a few days - or a week - to the village of Lake Placid in the Adirondack Mountains? This two-time Winter Olympic Village offers some of the best on-and-off mountain adventures in the Northeast, and High Peaks Resort provides the connectivity, meeting space, or board room you need to get your work done.
Here are three ways to make remote learning more fun at High Peaks Resort:
- Study in the Lobby or Lake House's Great Room – If you need some space to concentrate, High Peaks Resort's lobby is a great place to get "in the zone." Comfortable couches and chairs are spread throughout the expansive lobby, offering plenty of space to Zoom or take a test. Our Lake House offers a cozy Great Room with tables ideal for taking lessons.
- Head Outside for Gym Class - From incredible alpine skiing at Whiteface Mountain, just a short drive or shuttle ride from the resort, to cross country skiing, ice skating, sledding, and more, gym class in Lake Placid might just be the best thing that's happened to your family in 2020.
- Explore Learning Centers Across the Adirondacks – From the Wild Center in Tupper Lake's digital learning experiences, to the Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake's podcast, museums around High Peaks Resort offer fun ways to engage digitally with Adirondack history, nature, and wildlife.
Working from home takes on a new meaning when you relocate to Lake Placid for a week. Downhill and XC Skiing centers are within a short drive of High Peaks Resort. Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington is scheduled to open for the 2020-21 ski season with some special regulations and protocols in place to protect guests. The resort is also within a short drive of Cascade Cross Country Ski Center, which offers a groomed trail network for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Being within 10 minutes of great skiing after a day on Zoom? Now that's our kind of happy hour!
Now that your office is mobile, here are three ways to meet your deadlines from High Peaks Resort:
- Book a conference room - High Peaks Resort offers a variety of options for remote working on the go. Reserve conference rooms for a big meeting, book a suite with enough space for your kids to Zoom and you to take important phone calls.
- Schedule a Break - Winter Activities are plentiful around Lake Placid and the Adirondacks, from going for a short winter hike on nearby trail networks like the Peninsula Trail, to fat tire biking on designated mountain biking trails. Go ice skating on the Olympic Speed Skating Oval or bring your own skates out on frozen Mirror Lake. One of the benefits of working remotely in the Adirondacks is that all the perks of being on vacation here are yours to take advantage of!
- Enjoy Happy Hour – at Dancing Bear Restaurant, High Peaks Resort's on-site restaurant, happy hour is a time to gather safely together and toast the days' achievements.
Our Your Home in the Adirondacks package includes free breakfast, complimentary wi-fi upgrade, complimentary snowshoe rental*, and complimentary passes to Cascade Cross Country Ski Center.
*Snowshoes subject to availability at High Peaks Resort. Snowshoe rental at Cascade Ski Center is not included.