1 can Cranberry Sauce
6 ounces Craisens (dry cranberries)
½ cup White Wine
⅛ cup Brown Sugar
2 cups Water
½ cup Orange Liquor (Grand Marnier)
10 ounces Fresh Cranberries
4 sprigs of Thyme
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat for about one minute.
- Add your brown Sugar and allow it to start to caramelize slightly (careful not to burn).
- Add the water, wine and Grand Marnier and stir until the caramel melts into the liquid. Sometimes you will get a small quick fire from the liqour and wine, don't panic it will be over quickly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze and zest the orange and mix together make sure its cooled down a little before doing this step, heat can make orange juice and zest bitter. Pull some of the thyme off the stem and mix it in as well.